Awhile ago we did a brief Instagram Reel showing the differences between a few of our custom patch styles: embroidered, woven, and chenille. Did you know we have other options too?
How do you know what style will work best with your design? Our team is always happy to help guide you and offer feedback, here's a more detailed rundown of the custom patch options currently available.
1. Custom Embroidered Patches: Embroideryis the tried and true process for most patches you see today (and yesterday). By far the most popular style, and works great with designs that are minimal and bold. All embroidered patches come with an iron-on backing and are ready to order via ouronline website.
2. Custom Woven Patches: Woven patchesare created with thinner threads and a tighter weave. We recommend this process for more detailed designs, especially those with small elements or words/letters close together (this eliminates what is called "thread drag" that you sometimes see in embroidery). This style also comes with an iron-on backing, making them easy to adhere to most fabrics.
3. Custom Chenille Patches: Made popular by "Letterman's" Jackets, Chenille patches are made with fuzzy yarn that is raised up from the backing. This style works best with larger designs (usually 6" and up) that don't have a lot of detail, but rather big spaces of color. This style is a sew-on only option (to avoid burning the yarn).
4. Custom Flight Tags: This is our newest offering for custom patch services. Flight tags a woven style keychain, made thinner and with a ring or clasp hardware. Narrow designs work best due to the 5x1 inch sizing, perfect for fun text!
5. Custom Printed Patches: Printed patches are made via a dye-sublimation method, meaning they can depict near-photo quality and extreme details. These patches are much thinner than standard patches and are only recommended should your design fall under the 'realism' category.
All our fabrics and threads have been graded to the highest standard from OEKO-TEX. You can trust that all custom patches made with Tower Press are the highest-quality. For all custom patches, we provide a physical sample for approval before production, so you can trust that you'll receive exactly what your brand needs. To order custom embroidered, woven, or flight tags, you mayorder online. All all other patch services are custom quoted via our intake form.